Once slated to become a premier private club in the Northern Virginia metro area the economy’s downturn forced multiple developers to default on their obligations.
Once slated to become a premier private club in the Northern Virginia metro area the economy’s downturn forced multiple developers to default on their obligations. The landowner took back the fallow golf course and unfinished clubhouse. Indigo Golf Partners saw the opportunity to re-position and revitalize the property, and executed a long-term lease.
Re-positioning the course as a high-end daily-fee facility, the Indigo team re-named it 1757 Golf Club after the year Loudoun County was established. Indigo Golf went to work to complete the course and open the club:
- Designing, building and growing-in the remaining eight holes
- Building a state-of-the-art maintenance facility and cart barn
- Expanding the clubhouse, including a full-service restaurant and quick-service cafe
- Staffing and training the ACE the GUEST Experience™ way
- Developing a nationally recognized Golf Academy
- Implementing highly successful marketing and public relations campaigns
- Creating a multi-million dollar banquet and events business from scratch
In less than a year, Indigo completed this absolute jewel with a practice area that is the envy of nearby courses. We leveraged the proximity of the driving range to the clubhouse to make it a social hub with live music, outdoor dining and the addition of TopTracer Technology.
Indigo re-introduced 1757 Golf Club as “The Ultimate Golf Experience,” offering a premium golf course and amenities at a great value.
One year, almost to the day of taking over, Indigo hosted the grand opening of all 18 holes and the richly appointed, 16,000-square-foot clubhouse.
Indigo aggressively marketed 1757 to daily-fee golfers and an untapped corporate market. In no time, hitting stations and tee sheets were full every afternoon and on weekends.
Very quickly, the highly-praised course, practice facility, academy, bar, restaurant, boardroom, meeting rooms and banquet space became the place to play, learn, eat and meet. The people came. The coffers filled. The vision was realized.