In July 2018, Arizona National Golf Club in Tucson was leased by the Sabino Springs HOA from Romspen Bank. The club was operated by another national management firm at a significant annual loss and was on the verge of closure. The HOA stepped in and entered into a short-term lease with an expectation to purchase the property.
Following a national search, Indigo Golf Partners was selected the same year to provide full-service management for the club, including operation of the restaurant. The HOA’s aspirations and our marching orders were to save the golf course, protect home values and turn an operational profit.
Indigo went to work:
- Surveying and interviewing residents to better understand needs and wants
- Enhancing resident engagement and participation in food-and-beverage programming
- Instituting annual and summer membership programs to supplement off-season cash flow
- Substantially improving course conditions without significantly increasing expenses by implementing agronomic best practices
The Indigo impact was quickly realized in our first full year of operation:
- Increase of 6,000 rounds
- Reduction of the annual subsidy by almost 50%
Community comments include praise for:
“Course in phenomenal shape. Great layout. Great value.”
“It is an outstanding golf facility. The course is as nice as an upscale resort.”
“The staff has quickly become the friendliest in Tucson.”