Clark County owns the 18-hole Tri-Mountain Golf Course just north of Portland, Oregon.
Clark County owns the 18-hole Tri-Mountain Golf Course just north of Portland, Oregon. After several years of unsuccessful concession arrangements with local providers, Clark County sought a management company with a proven track record. Indigo Golf Partners was selected to assume operation of Tri-Mountain Golf Course.
Indigo Golf Partners focused immediately on the food-and-beverage opportunity:
- Renovating the snack bar
- Overhauling the menu with value-priced items
- Reducing COGS
- Implementing money-saving partnerships
- Right-sizing the expense model
- Introducing ACE the Guest Experience™
The Indigo Golf Partners on-site management team also attacked course conditions. It worked closely our regional agronomy and operations managers to:
- Establish short- and long-term agronomic plans
- Design cost-effective turf and facility purchasing programs
- Develop agronomic partnerships to sustain reduced pricing
- Re-configure tees and repair fairways
Our marketing team used Indigo Golf Partners' proprietary systems to:
- Create new events and programs for existing golfers
- Design marketing collateral to attract new golfers
- Mount targeted e-mail campaigns
- Offer player development cards and membership programs
- Develop programs for kids, women and first-time golfers
The initial 10-year agreement proved to be a huge success. Rounds and revenue substantially increased and Indigo Golf Partners provided a healthy improvement to the bottom-line for the county. This result led Indigo Golf Partners and the County to enter into another long-term agreement.